Precise format for _audit_support.funding_organization_DOI

James H jamesrhester at gmail.com
Tue Nov 9 00:37:17 GMT 2021

Dear Core DMG,

You may recall we recently added the audit_support category. It has been
noted [1] that, unlike other DOI datanames,
_audit_support.funding_organization_DOI explicitly requires the DOI
resolver component (https://doi.org), thereby forming a URL. Therefore, we
need to explicitly state whether or not the data name value should encode
special characters (e.g. %20 for space), or whether that is up to the user.
As I believe this data name may already be in use, can any users state
their preference?

thanks,
James.

[1] https://github.com/COMCIFS/cif_core/issues/275