Message from the corecifchem chair

I. David Brown idbrown at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Fri Sep 26 12:58:21 BST 2003

Dear Colleagues,

	My apologies for not having explained sooner why you have been
registered on this discussion list.  Brian McMahon got the discussion
group organized quicker than I expected.

	You have all agreed (or I hope you will agree) to help draft items
for the cif_core dictionary that will allow people to include more
chemical information in their CIFs.  I am currently preparing a position
paper outlining the current situation and the problems we need to address.
This document is not yet ready to circulate and may not be ready until
later next week.

	In the meantime the following people have agreed to serve:

	Herbert Bernstein
	John Bollinger
	Carol Brock
	David Brown
	Howard Flack
	Greg Shields
	Ton Spek
	John Westbrook

When submitting messages to coreCIFchem at iucr.org you should assume that
the discussions will be visible to the public.

	I will be back later to start the serious discussions

			David

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown at mcmaster.ca