[computing] meeting with executive committee

Lutz, M.H. (Martin) m.lutz at uu.nl
Thu Jun 10 08:56:30 BST 2021

Dear members of the Computing commission,

usually there is meeting of the commission chairperson with IUCr executive committee during the IUCr congress. Because the Prague congress this year will be in hybrid form and a physical meeting will be difficult, it has been decided to have this meeting in advance via an online call. I will thus meet the EC tomorrow and will discuss the topics printed below. Any of your input is welcome. Please also let me know when your e-mail address has changed.

Best wishes,
Martin

Topics of my meeting with the Executive Committee:

1. A brief discussion of the main achievement of the Commission since Hyderabad,

2. A discussion of the proposed composition of the Commission after Prague (if not already agreed last summer)

3. Whether your Commission:

a.     Produced a review or lead article for an IUCr Journal since Hyderabad - if not, what can IUCr Journals do to encourage this in future?

b.     Submitted any definitions to the CCN for the dictionary

c.     Made use of the moderated mailing list to ensure that the IUCr EC representative can monitor activity

d.     Kept your website uptodate

e.   Organised meetings, schools or workshops since Hyderabad.