[computing] Annual and Triennial Reports and Meeting with the EC

Alex Ashcroft execsec at iucr.org
Tue Mar 3 12:01:06 GMT 2020

To:        Chairs of Commissions
              Members of Commissions
              IUCr Representatives on other bodies
              Members of Executive Committee (for information)
              Chairs of Sub-committees of the Executive Committee
              Editor of the IUCr Newsletter

From:    The Executive Secretary

Subjects:
              I.    Triennial Reports to General Assembly
              II.   Annual Reports for 2019
              III.  Meetings of Commission Chairs, Commission Chairs
nominated for next triennium,
                    IUCr Representatives, Sub-committee Chairs and the
Editor of the IUCr Newsletter
                    with Executive Committee - REMINDER

I.    Triennial Reports to General Assembly

May I remind you that the official deadline for receipt of the triennial
reports of all Commission Chairs (or Secretaries), IUCr Representatives
on other bodies, Chairs of Sub-committees of the Executive Committee and
the Editor of the IUCr Newsletter is 17 May 2020.  However, it would
help me greatly if you could send me your report via email as soon as
possible.

The triennial reports of the Commissions and the Representatives will be
considered at the First and Second Sessions of the General Assembly, on
the evenings of 23 and 24 August.  Would you therefore ensure that you
are present at these sessions.    If you are unable to attend, please
arrange for a member of your Commission to deputise for you and tell
Professor Van Meervelt and myself who this will be.  The third session
of the General Assembly is scheduled to be held on 27 August when
elections will be held, enabling the newly elected Commission members to
meet before the end of the Congress.

II.   Annual Reports for 2019

May I request all Commission Chairs, IUCr Representatives on other
bodies, Chairs of Sub-committees of the Executive Committee and the
Editor of the IUCr Newsletter to send me their reports for the year
ending 31 December 2019 for inclusion in the Report of the Executive
Committee for 2019.  Would you please send this report to me via email
as soon as possible.

The annual and triennial reports are required according to the Statutes
and your cooperation in this matter is greatly appreciated.  As reports
have been getting longer, and editing them has become a significant
task, we have introduced some content guidelines for both Annual and
Triennial Reports and these are included in the attachment. These have
been written for Commissions, but the same principles apply for
Committees and other bodies.

III.  Meetings of Commission Chairs, Commission Chairs nominated for
next triennium, IUCr Representatives, Sub-Committee Chairs and Editor of
the IUCr Newsletter with Executive Committee - REMINDER

These meetings must be held prior to the presentation of the reports to
the General Assembly on 23 and 24 August.  This will mean scheduling
them for 20-22 August.  I will contact you in early April to prepare a
schedule.  If you have a particular preference for a date (and have not
already contacted me about this),  please contact me before 29 March 2020.

Kind regards,

Alex
--

Dr Alex Ashcroft