[SA_Scat] CBMS Lecture Series - 22 September - Chris Brosey

Stojanoff, Vivian stojanof at bnl.gov
Tue Sep 14 17:12:43 BST 2021

Please join us ………..

Center for Biomolecular Structure Lecture Series

Incorporating HT-SAXS into Structure-Driven Drug Discovery Pipelines

Chris Brosey

M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas

WEDNESDAY, September 22, 13:30 (EST - NY time zone)

Register in advance for this meeting:

   https://bnl.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJIsfu6przwpH8NymLh_TKxtg09_NaMkFFs

Abstract:

High-throughput (HT) methods for discovering single-target protein and nucleic acid ligands are well established and routinely utilized for drug discovery. Many critical biological outcomes, however, are mediated by multi-component assemblies and dynamic macromolecular architectures. HT approaches to assess and fine-tune ligand impact on such functional, dynamic systems remain underdeveloped. Small-angle X-ray scattering (SAXS) provides an opportunity to monitor changes to biomolecular architectures and assemblies under native solution environments, enabling chemical screening and selection for specific architectural states. I will discuss how we have incorporated time-resolved HT-SAXS into a classic fragment screening pipeline and used this approach to identify chemical allosteric effectors targeting functional architectures of mitochondrial Apoptosis-Inducing Factor (AIF)

Vivian Stojanoff, PhD
Education, Training, Outreach
User Program
p 1(631) 344 8375