[SA_Scat] Additional job opening for a Ph.D. student, to work on orienting systems and SAXS/WAXS

Brian Richard Pauw brian at stack.nl
Wed Jul 5 17:49:29 BST 2017

Dear fellow scatterers,

In addition to our programmer position advertised earlier, we also have a Ph.D. position available. We encourage any enthusiastic M.Sc. graduate to apply who is keen on getting their Ph.D. in materials science.

In brief, the goals include orienting nanoparticles in stationary liquids, testing this with at least SAXS and WAXS, and then do something cool with it (the latter depending a little on the success of our latest instrument budget application). We need someone who knows about materials and chemistry, is not afraid of mechanics, electronics and (Python) programming, and is equipped with a healthy dose of critical thinking. Good spoken and written English is a requirement, basic German could be helpful.

We can offer the most international city in the world (Berlin), excellent interdisciplinary support from colleagues, as well as a decent salary. By November, we will also get the best (US/S/W)AXS lab instrument to expand our instrument pool, we have access to our own beamline for fast experiments, and can give the candidate plenty of room to explore their own ideas.

If you are interested, or know anyone who is, please (let them) write to me at brian.pauw at bam.de <mailto:brian.pauw at bam.de>.

Cheers,

Brian.
—