[SA_Scat] 5th International Symposium on Diffraction Structural Biology (ISDSB2016)

Urban, Volker S. urbanvs at ornl.gov
Sun Feb 28 23:58:07 GMT 2016

On behalf of the organizing committee, I am pleased to announce the "5th International Symposium on Diffraction Structural Biology" (ISDSB2016). The Symposium will take place on Sunday, August 7, 2016 through Wednesday, August 10, 2016 in Knoxville, Tennessee, USA.

This symposium will report on the latest discoveries in structural biology using X-ray, neutron, and electron diffraction, and complementary techniques such as small-angle scattering, nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy, electron microscopy, and advanced computational approaches. Scientific insights at the molecular level allow structure guided drug discovery and protein engineering for improved biocatalysis. This basic research is important for supporting applications in the pharmaceutical industry and for new, sustainable, and environmentally friendly approaches to the production of chemical reagents and biofuels.

Session topics include:

Bioenergy
Drug Design
Enzyme Mechanism and Allostery
Macromolecular Complexes
Membranes and Membrane Proteins
New Instruments and Methods
Sources and Facilities

A list of confirmed, invited speakers can be found on the conference web pages. The Symposium will be accompanied by two optional 1-day workshops on August 6, focused on Neutron Protein Crystallography and on Small-Angle Scattering, respectively.

Please visit the conference website for further information: https://conference.sns.gov/event/2/

We look forward to seeing you at the conference!

Volker Urban, Interim Director
Biology and Soft Matter Division
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
PO Box 2008; MS-6475