[SA_Scat] Hybrid Method Approaches for Structural Biology session for ACA Meeting

stephen.king at stfc.ac.uk stephen.king at stfc.ac.uk
Fri Apr 1 16:25:44 BST 2016

Dear Colleagues,

I want to bring to your attention (and encourage abstract submission) a session as described below at the American Crystallographic Association Meeting from July 22 - 26, 2016, in Denver.
The abstract deadline is just extended to April 8th.

Direct link:  http://www.amercrystalassn.org/2016-scientific-program#03.03.01<http://www.amercrystalassn.org/2016-scientific-program#02.01>

03.03.01 Hybrid Method Approaches for Structural Biology
Organizers:  Andrew Howard (howard at agni.phys.iit.edu<mailto:howard at agni.phys.iit.edu>) and Shuo Qian (qians at ornl.gov<mailto:qians at ornl.gov>)
As the structure and dynamics of biological systems we study are becoming increasingly complex, with limitations of each individual technology, an approach of combining multiple methods has to be taken to get a comprehensive understanding of their biological function. In recent years, many structural biology tools, including crystallography, small-angle scattering, cryoelectron microscopy, NMR, and computational simulation are synergistically applied to challenging systems. In this session, we will highlight novel and combined methods for structural biology, as well as application of these methods to important biological systems.

As neutron scattering especially SANS plays an increasingly important role in structural biology with other improved techniques, it might be a good venue to present your latest research on using more than one structural techniques to understand biology functions. And if you have any questions please feel free to email me at qians at ornl.gov<mailto:qians at ornl.gov>.

See you at the ACA!

Best Regards,
Shuo
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~