[SA_Scat] Job Offer in Berlin: POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTIST (F/M), ASAXS/SAXS

stephen.king at stfc.ac.uk stephen.king at stfc.ac.uk
Thu Aug 13 17:42:52 BST 2015

For our Institute of Nanospectroscopy, we are looking for a
POSTDOCTORAL SCIENTIST (F/M)
(in the field of Physics, Chemistry or Materials Science).

The research at the Institute is focused on new materials for energy technologies such as photovoltaics, solar fuels, thermoelectrics, batteries, catalysts and hydrogen storage. Nanostructured materials are being synthetized and characterized using modern analytics, mostly at the synchrotron.
Job description
•       Perform research in the field of energy materials characterization using synchrotron radiation
•       Structural investigation of energy materials for solar fuels, thermoelectrics, batteries, catalysts, and hydrogen storage and photovoltaics, mainly using anomalous small angle X-ray scattering at the synchrotron
•       Further development of data analysis techniques
•       User support at BESSY II
•       Presentation at national and international conferences, publishing in international journals, patent protection of patent-worthy results
Your qualifications
•       Experience in the characterization of nanostructured materials, using synchrotron, neutrons, and lab-based methods, e.g. SAXS/ASAXS, and XANES, UHV experience
•       Scientific programming
•       Experience in the support of students and guest scientists
•       Strong interest in national and international collaborations and collaboration with industry
•       Very good knowledge of the English language
What we offer
Fixed term contract for 3 years. The employment contract is based on contracts for the German civil service (TVöD-Bund). We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to severely disabled applicants provided equal qualifications.

How to apply
Have we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your electronic application by August 21, 2015. Please quote the reference number EM 2015/31.
jobs at helmholtz-berlin.de

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1, 14109 Berlin
Please check our website, also for German version:
http://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/pubbin/stellenangebot?id=647&sprache=en

Helmholtz-Zentrum  Berlin für Materialien und Energie (HZB)
operates two large scale facilities for materials research: the neutron source BER II and the synchrotron source BESSY II, which provide deep insights into the structure of materials and the processes within complex systems. Each year around 3,000 scientists use the HZB infrastructure facilities. Important focuses of HZB are accelerator, materials and energy research.
SCIENCE + CAREER + DIVERSITY = HZB
... is the formula for our successful human resources policy. We offer wide-ranging internal and external training programs for our employees as well as a special support program for young scientists. Our family-friendly workplace policy includes flexible working hours, telework arrangements and holiday programs for employees‘ children.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Dr. Armin Hoell
+49(0)30 8062-14678
hoell at helmholtz-berlin.de