[SA_scat] Positions available in SANS, NR & Biosciences at ISIS

King, SM (Stephen) S.M.King at rl.ac.uk
Fri Sep 28 11:53:07 BST 2007

Dear Colleague,

The Large-Scale Structures Group at ISIS is now seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill a number of both permanent and fixed-term positions which have just become available.

If you know of anyone who might be suitable, please bring the following advertisement to their attention.

(There are also positions available in the Crystallography and Software/Data Analysis Groups, details of these will shortly be available on the STFC Website at www.scitech.ac.uk <http://www.scitech.ac.uk/>  )

ISIS is a world leading facility for research in the physical and life sciences using neutron scattering and muon spectroscopy, with a strong scientific user programme and extensive international links. ISIS is in a period of major expansion, including an investment of £140 million in the construction of a second Target Station with an initial suite of seven new instruments, to be operational in 2008.

We are looking for world-class scientists, instrument developers, scientific programmers and support staff who will make major contributions to our current and future activities. We have the following vacancies:

Instrument Scientists (permanent staff)

Large Scale Structures Group (polarised neutron reflectometry) Ref. FBU125

Support Scientists (permanent staff)

Large Scale Structures Group (Biosciences - sample preparation) Ref. FBU135

Large Scale Structures Group (Biosciences - data analysis) Ref. FBU136

Instrument Scientists (3 year fixed term)

Large Scale Structures Group (neutron reflectometry) Ref. FBU137

Large Scale Structures Group (small angle neutron scattering) Ref. FBU138

Postdoctoral research fellows (3 year fixed term)

Large Scale Structures Group (nanomagnetism) Ref. FBU134

Salary is in the range £24,638 to £35,543 per annum (pay award pending), dependent on skills and ability. An excellent index linked pension scheme and generous leave allowance are also offered.

Further information about ISIS can be obtained from our web site www.isis.rl.ac.uk <http://www.isis.rl.ac.uk/>  . For an informal discussion about a specific vacancy, Mrs Carole Denning (Tel. +441235 445604, e-mail: c.denning at rl.ac.uk) will provide you with the relevant contact information.

For further information and how to apply: please visit www.scitech.ac.uk <http://www.scitech.ac.uk/> , telephone 01235 446677 or e-mail recruitment-FBU at rl.ac.uk quoting the relevant reference number.

Closing date for applications is 26 October 2007. Interviews are likely to be held in November 2007.