[SA_scat] 6 POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS in Neutron Scattering, Sydney, Austra lia - Deadline 15 August 2006

GILBERT, Elliot Paul epg at ansto.gov.au
Wed Jul 5 13:59:55 BST 2006

6 POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIPS

NEUTRON SCIENCE

Salary range from AU$60K (plus superannuation)

2 Year Term

ANSTO is one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development organisations focused on delivering the benefits of nuclear science to the Australian community. Based in southern Sydney, we are approaching the completion of the new
state-of-the-art 20 MW OPAL Reactor and have built up our team of scientists at the Bragg Institute to the point that we are the leading group of neutron and x-ray scatterers in Australia.

We have opportunities for recent Ph. D graduates with a strong innovation focus, good communication skills and a proven publication record. We are seeking researchers who work well within small cross-disciplinary teams and can collaborate strongly with
other research groups.

The fellows will work in a range of scientific areas making major use of the new neutron-scattering instruments which come on-line at the new OPAL reactor later in 2006;

1.       Geometry of Distorted Perovskites (with Dr. Maxim Avdeev)

2.       Molecular Magnets (with Drs. John Stride and Rob Robinson)

3.       Mineralogy at high temperatures and pressures (with Drs. Ross Piltz and  Andrew Studer)

4.       Monte-Carlo simulation and Ray Tracing of Guides and Neutron Optics (with Dr. Shane Kennedy)

5.       Food Science (with Dr. Elliot Gilbert)

6.       Chemical Crystallography (with Dr. Chris Ling)

The fellows must have a PhD in physics, chemistry, materials science, earth sciences or a related area. Experience using x-ray or neutron scattering techniques is desirable, as is direct experience in the scientific areas outlined above.

Application details and selection criteria for these positions can be found on our home page at www.ansto.gov.au <http://www.ansto.gov.au/>   or by contacting Ms Cherylie Thorn at bragg-recruit at ansto.gov.au <mailto:bragg-recruit at ansto.gov.au>

When applying for these positions, please send a copy of your CV complete list of publications, names and contact details for three referees and a covering letter addressing the selection criteria.

More information on neutron scattering activities at ANSTO can be found at www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/ <http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/>

Applications Close:  15 August 2006

Robert A. Robinson
Head, The Bragg Institute, Building 58
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1
Menai             tel: +61-(2)-9717-9204
NSW 2234          FAX: +61-(2)-9717-3606
AUSTRALIA         e-mail: rro at ansto.gov.au

Web sites:
http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html <http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/index.html>
http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/staff/s_rob.html <http://www.ansto.gov.au/ansto/bragg/staff/s_rob.html>