[SA_scat] Post Doc fellowship at ANSTO

GARVEY, Chris cjg at ansto.gov.au
Tue Oct 18 14:55:13 BST 2005

ANSTO has a Post Doctoral Fellowship on application of neutron and X-ray scattering to soft matter available for suitable applicants. Please see the advertisement below.

ANSTO POST DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP

Bioscientist - Neutron Scattering (Reference:  PD.3)

2 -Year Term Position (with possible extension)

Sydney Australia

ANSTO is one of Australia's foremost scientific research and development organisations, focused on delivering the benefits of nuclear science to the Australian community. Based in southern Sydney, we operate the HIFAR Research Reactor and are approaching
the completion of the new state-of-the-art 20 MW OPAL Reactor. We have opportunity for a recent Ph.D graduate with a strong innovation focus, good communication skills and a proven publication record. This opportunity is for a recent PhD graduate in a
Biological Science, Chemistry or Physics to join our research team working on the 'Characterisation of Biomolecules' Project.  We seek a researcher with practical experience to work with this multi-disciplinary team that conducts research on the
development of biological applications of neutron and X-ray scattering techniques.  The aim of this position is to use neutron and X-ray scattering techniques for elucidating the structure/function relationships of proteins.  The work is
multi-disciplinary, requiring knowledge and experience in biophysical and/or biochemical characterisation techniques and in application of neutron and X-ray scattering methods for investigating biological systems including data reduction and analysis. The
successful applicant will be expected to work well within a small cross-disciplinary team and to collaborate strongly with other research groups.

We expect the successful applicants will have no more than 3-years post doctoral experience.  Starting salary is negotiable from $A 54,600 pa plus superannuation depending upon qualifications and experience.

Selection criteria for the role (Reference:  PD.3) can be found on our homepage at www.ansto.gov.au or by contacting Ms Deanne Wood on +61 (0) 2 9717 3993 or e-mail Deanne.Wood at ansto.gov.au   Your application, identifying the position by its reference
number, must address the selection criteria, include a C. V. and the details of three professional referees, and should be forwarded to Deanne Wood by e-mail or mail to the Institute for Nuclear Geophysiology, ANSTO, PMB 1, Menai, NSW 2234.  Applications
close 28th October, 2005

Dr Chris Garvey
Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
PMB 1, Menai NSW 2234
phone 02 9717 9328
fax 02 9717 9286
mobile 0409 225 881
c me @ http://www.ansto.gov.au/nugeo/staff/garvey.html

 "With the departure of the child he noticed regret and the diminishing of possibilities."
Silesian Prophesies by Peter Kant

Important: This transmission is intended only for the use of the addressee. It is confidential and may contain privileged information or copyright material. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or further disclosure of this communication is
strictly forbidden. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify me immediately by telephone and delete all copies of this transmission as well as any attachments.