[SA_scat] USAS sessions at the ACA Meeting, 17-22 July 2004 in Chicago

JDB Science LLC jdbscience at mac.com
Wed Jan 21 14:57:57 GMT 2004

Dear Colleagues,

Two half-day sessions on Ultra Small-Angle Scattering (X-rays and
neutrons) will take place at the forthcoming Annual Meeting of the
American Crystallographic Association, scheduled for 17 to 22 July
2004, in Chicago.  To advance the use and the range of applications of
USAS, Pete Jemian, of the ACA Small-Angle Scattering Special Interest
Group, is arranging the sessions.  These will occur on the mornings of
Wednesday, 21 (11.01: Science emphasis), and Thursday, 22 July (11.02:
Techniques emphasis, followed by a workshop of the International
Consortium on Ultra-Small-Angle Scattering, ICONUSAS).  We call your
attention to the ACA Call for Papers, and to the ACA website,
<http://www.hwi.buffalo.edu/aca/>.  We now solicit contributions of
oral presentations or posters.

For these purposes, we loosely define Ultra-Small-Angle Scattering as
that accessing Q-values less than 10-3 Å-1, mostly, we expect, but not
exclusively by Bonse-Hart techniques.

The purpose of this second ICONUSAS workshop, after the first held at
Oak Ridge last summer
(http://www.sns.gov/iconusas_workshop/iconusas_2003.htm), is to
facilitate exchange of technical information, to identify areas for
collaborative efforts, and to reduce duplication of efforts in this new
field, especially in its Time-of-Flight implementation.  At that time,
we hope to acclaim new leadership of the Consortium.

We remind you of the following deadlines:
Abstract Submission             1 March 2004
Advance Registration    1 June 2004
Travel Grant Applications       1 March 2004
Hotel Reservations              15 June 2004

Please submit your proposals to the ACA according to the instruction in
the Call for Papers or the instructions on the website,
<http://www.uic.edu/orgs/aca2004/finalcall.pdf>.

Also, please forward this message to your colleagues who may be
interested.

Sincerely,
Jack Carpenter <jmcarpenter at anl.gov>
Ken Littrell <klittrell at anl.gov>