[medsbio-l] next steps

Herbert J. Bernstein yaya at bernstein-plus-sons.com
Fri Jun 23 10:34:41 BST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

The proposal for support of MEDSBIO has been submitted to the US
National Science Foundation.  Most of the information from that
proposal will be posted to the MEDSBIO web site over the next week.

It is time to look at our next steps.  Suggestions would be
appreciated.

One very useful item would be to start collecting sample data
for people to use in validating interface software.  If you have
a data file that you would be willing to share with the
community, please email a URL of the file to me:

    yaya at bernstein-plus-sons.com

Please do not email the file itself as an attachment.  My
spam filter will probably kill it.

In your email, please include a "release" in the following form:

   "I certify that I am this holder of the copyright on
this file.

   "I give permission to any and all persons to this file, to
create files, documents and other information derived from
this file, to mirror this file and to incorporate this file
into software packages, including into open source software
packages under the GPL subject to the following conditions:

   "1.  Credit for this file be given to: ___________________
   "2.  No warranty express or implied is given with respect
to this file.  In particular, there is not now and is never
to be any warranty for merchantability or fitness for use.
   "3.  If the file or a file derived therefrom is distributed
under a license other than the GPL or LGPL, then no patent,
license or other mechanism shall be used to prevent others
from distributing this file under the GPL or LGPL."

If you do not have access to a web server able to serve the
file, contact me and we will make arrangements to pick it
up by other means.

   Regards,
     Herbert

         Idle Hour Blvd, Oakdale, NY, 11769