[Imgcif-l] Disabling PyCifRW in CBFlib

Herbert J. Bernstein yaya at bernstein-plus-sons.com
Mon Feb 14 00:12:56 GMT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

    The default release of CBFlib is now 0.9.2 at

    http://downloads.sf.net/cbflib/CBFlib-0.9.2.tar.gz

Suggestions, comments and suggestions would be appreciated.
The documentation for this release is available at

http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/software/CBF

This is now the recommended release of CBFlib.

The major changes since the 0.9.0 release are:

Temporary removal of default PyCifRW support for compliance with
Fedora license requirements.

Addition of a new tiff2cbf example program.

Update pycbf python wraapper for CBFlib.

Padding options added to adscimg2cbf by C. Nielsen.

System and gnu versions of getopt replaced by cbf_getopt.

Code to handle CIF2 bracketed constructs and quoted strings added.

System to log errors and warnings added.

Java wrapper by Peter Chang added.

Dectris template code by E. Eikenberry added.

Note that the tiff2cbf program, plus new options in cif2cbf
allows the Perkin Elmer XRD1621 detector images to be used
with XDS.  Thanks to Matthias Gutmannfor requesting
this feature.

The known problems are:

The example program tiff2cbf needs the environment variable
LD_LIBRARY_PATH set to the location of the lib directory in
CBFlib_0.9.2, unless a system install of tiff-3.9.4-rev-6Feb11 has
been done.

Due to license issues, PyCifRW is not included with default releases
of CBFlib. Users can download PyCifRW separately.

There are some issues with Peter Chang's lastest java wrapper under
the CBFlib 0.9.2 release. Until they are resolved, the CBFlib 0.8.1
release should be used for Java applications.

This version does not have support for predictor compression.

Code is needed to support array sub-sections.

For more detail, see the CBFlib manual at

http://www.bernstein-plus-sons.com/software/CBF/doc/CBFlib.html

Regards,
   Herbert

                  yaya at dowling.edu