[Imgcif-l] CBF file templates

Chris Nielsen cn at adsc-xray.com
Wed Sep 30 23:33:24 BST 2009

      Hi All,

      I tend to agree that a complete filling-in of the nominal template is probably
not going happen in many places, at least to start, but I would suggest that if
the DLS beamlines do a good job of it and the "extra" (beyond essential data processing
header items) turn out to be useful for this or that, more beam lines will do a more
complete job.  I'd note that these items should be sort of "backward compatible" in
the sense that, to start with, if you only fill in a few "extra" items it should not matter
that a future header has more complete information.  It's hard to see the downside in this.

      Graeme:  What are your thoughts on the coding required to do this?  Have you made
an attempt yet?

      Chris