[Imgcif-l] CBF file templates

Harry Powell harry at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 29 10:32:13 BST 2009

Hi

Use something that doesn't break the CBFs that the ADSC detectors
write. They are, without a doubt, the best model to use, mainly
because they have been writing CBFs for more years than I care to
remember and Chris has been more responsive than anyone else in making
them useful.

On 29 Sep 2009, at 09:58, Winter, Graeme (DLSLtd,RAL,DIA) wrote:

> Dear CBF'ers,
>
> I'm working on trying to establish a "Diamond standard" template for
> our
> CBF files across a number of detectors, and I was wondering how this
> is
> best specified. What would be ideal would be to set up a template
> which
> contains those things that the beamline "knows" but the detector does
> not, then have the detector software populate the other fields (e.g.
> exposure time, integration time, maximum trusted pixel, oscillation
> start / end) to give a full description.
>
> Now, has anyone done something like this? If so, how do you specify
> the
> fields which are to be replaced? If not, does anyone have an opinion
> on
> how this should be done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Graeme
>
> Graeme Winter
> Software and MX Support Scientist
> Diamond Light Source
>
> +44 1235 778091 (work)
> +44 7786 662784 (work mobile)
>

> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright
> and or privileged material, and are for the use of the intended
> addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee or an
> authorised recipient of the addressee please notify us of receipt by
> returning the e-mail and do not use, copy, retain, distribute or
> disclose the information in or attached to the e-mail.
>
> Any opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the
> individual and not necessarily of Diamond Light Source Ltd.
>
> Diamond Light Source Ltd. cannot guarantee that this e-mail or any
> attachments are free from viruses and we cannot accept liability for
> any damage which you may sustain as a result of software viruses
> which may be transmitted in or with the message.
>
> Diamond Light Source Limited (company no. 4375679). Registered in
> England and Wales with its registered office at Diamond House,
> Harwell Science and Innovation Campus, Didcot, Oxfordshire, OX11
> 0DE, United Kingdom

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell, MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, MRC Centre,
Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0QH