Laboratory coordinate system

James Hester jamesrhester at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 01:58:43 GMT 2021

Dear Core DMG,

It has come to the attention of the High Pressure dictionary development
group that the laboratory coordinate system is never defined in core CIF.
There is `_diffrn_orient_matrix` for the UB matrix but there is no mention
of the coordinate system relative to which the resulting vector is referred.

I would like to suggest that this group resolve this issue.

I have too many CIF balls in the air at the moment to give this the
attention it deserves so I suggest that one or more of you might like to
"champion" this issue by essentially chairing the discussion and not
letting it drop off the back of the desk. I would still participate as time
allows. Any takers?

thanks,
James.
--