Proposal of additional CIF data items

James Hester jamesrhester at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 01:16:33 GMT 2020

Dear Core DMG and Natalie,

First of all, welcome to the core DMG Natalie and thank you for the
proposals. I suggest that for clarity of discussion we split the four
proposals into separate threads, which I will initiate in a moment.

best wishes,
James.

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 at 03:16, Natalie Johnson <njohnson at ccdc.cam.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Dear CoreDMG,
>
> I am a data integrity research scientist working at CCDC and a newly
> appointed observer on COMCIFS. As part of my work at CCDC, I have been
> looking at CIF completeness and the content of CIF fields in the data we
> store.
>
> I am writing to propose a number of new CIF data items for discussion by
> the mailing list. These are attached to this email as a PDF. Several people
> from the CCDC and the IUCr have been working on the attached proposal,
> which covers the following topics:
>
> 1)     Recognition of scientist(s) responsible for data collection
>
> 2)     Addition of ORCiD identifiers to AUDIT_AUTHOR and related categories
>
> 3)     Addition of AUDIT_SUPPORT category to core dictionary
>
> 4)     Capturing information about experimental facilities
>
> We would like to open up discussion to the coreDMG mailing list and invite
> any comments on these proposals. We hope to receive comments by the 31st of
> March 2020 to allow us to update the proposals as necessary.
>
> I look forward to reading your remarks.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Natalie
>

> [image: CCDC] <https://www.ccdc.cam.ac.uk>
> [image: LinkedIn]
> <https://www.linkedin.com/company/2683138?trk=cws-btn-overview-0-0> [image:
> Twitter] <https://twitter.com/ccdc_cambridge> [image: Facebook]
> <https://www.facebook.com/ccdc.cambridge> [image: YouTube]
> <https://www.youtube.com/user/CCDCCambridge> *Natalie Johnson*
> Data Integrity Research Scientist
>
> Phone: +44 1223 3-36032
> Email: njohnson at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
>
> LEGAL NOTICE
> Unless expressly stated otherwise, information contained in this message
> is confidential. If this message is not intended for you, please inform
> postmaster at ccdc.cam.ac.uk and delete the message. The Cambridge
> Crystallographic Data Centre is a company Limited by Guarantee and a
> Registered Charity. Registered in England No. 2155347 Registered Charity
> No. 800579

T +61 (02) 9717 9907
F +61 (02) 9717 3145
M +61 (04) 0249 4148