Relationship between _publ_author.id and _audit_author.id

Horst Puschmann horst.puschmann at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:01:56 BST 2020

Hello,

I think that this is an important question and I am with James on this one:
I would go with number (4) -- these lists are independent (*).
Conceptually, I don't think that (3) is correct.

In fact, I would go a step further and say that the _publ_author loop
should not be permitted in a data block.

At the point of structure origination, nothing is known (for certain) about
if and where the work might get published.

Assembling the _journal_author list is the very last step and can only be
done after a paper has been accepted for publication, at which point
nothing in the data block(s) should be touched.

Horst

(*)  There are many cases where *none* of the audit_authors end up on the
papers!