coreCIF items for final approval

David Brown idbrown at mcmaster.ca
Fri Aug 3 15:10:37 BST 2007

Dear Howard,

Thank you for your careful reading through the proposed changes to the
coreCIF dictionary.  Most of these are changes in dictionary wording and
therefore do not affect the CIF coding.  Some of the wording is taken
directly from earlier versions (e.g., the bit about absorption
corrections) when our standards were not as strict as they should be.
Thanks for catching these loose defintions.

The only place where you propose a definitive change is in item 8 and I
accept this change.  The only alteration I would make to your propsed
wording is to replace 'the same appropriate multiplicity' with 'a
multiplicity of 1' which is in any case the default value.

I assume that with these changes you are prepared to approve the
document?  I look forward to hearing from the rest of you.

David