[computing] new commission for Crystallographic Computing

Lutz, M.H. (Martin) m.lutz at uu.nl
Thu Jul 27 08:32:56 BST 2023

Dear members of the computing commission,

with the congress and general assembly in Melbourne, the term of the current commission ends and a new commission will be established.

For me this means that I have reached the maximum number of terms (actually more than that because of corona). I will step down as the chair of the commission. As new chair of the commission I propose Santosh Panjikar who is currently a member of the  commission. He is currently active in the preparation of the Melbourne computing school and in the Crystallographic Software Fayre at the congress. He has thus shown that is very capable to get things done. If you do not agree with this proposal, please let me know as soon as possible via private e-mail (i.e. not through this mailing list).

Other members of the commission who have reached the end of their terms are Lukas Palatinus and Santosh Panjikar. (Santosh can continue if he becomes chair).

Claudia Millan has indicated to me that she will not be able to continue as a member. We thank Claudia for all her efforts. She has been a very active member and has worked a lot for the commission!

The following people have been proposed as new members by the National Committees for the triennium 2023-2026:

M. Chodkiewicz (Poland)
E.M. Schmidt (Germany)
D. Siliqi (Italy)
B.H. Toby (USA)
Y. Yamada (Japan)

If you have objections with any of these candidates, please let me know as soon as possible via private e-mail (i.e. not through this mailing list).

If you propose additional candidates, please let me know as well.

Best wishes,
Martin

--
Martin Lutz