[computing] IUCr congress Melbourne (2)

Martin Lutz m.lutz at uu.nl
Thu Mar 10 12:45:02 GMT 2022

Dear members of the computing commission,

as a follow-up to my message of 31-Jan, we really need to work on the
program of the Melbourne congress. Deadline for our proposals is the end
of this month.

Concerning plenary/keynote speakers, we had a speaker from quantum
crystallography / crystal engineering at the Prague congress. Therefore
I propose to select a topic from macromolecular crystallography for
Melbourne. I think that a topic from the Phenix suite is suitable for a
large audience.

Concerning microsymposia, I propose:
* DAGs and causal thinking: Modern statistical tools in crystallography
* Computing intermolecular interactions

Please send me your comments to my proposals. And please add more topics
to the microsymposia.

Best wishes,
Martin

--