[computing] IUCr congress Melbourne

Martin Lutz m.lutz at uu.nl
Mon Jan 31 13:19:04 GMT 2022

Dear members of the computing commission,

next year's IUCr congress is approaching, and the international program
committee will meet soon. We should start to think about suitable topics
for microsymposia and suitable speakers for plenary/keynote lectures.
The deadline for proposals is 1-Apr.

Please send your suggestions to our program committee members Santosh
(santoshp at ansto.gov.au) and Tristan (tic20 at cam.ac.uk), and please keep
myself in the CC (m.lutz at uu.nl).

Below I include the message of the congress organizers.

Best wishes,
Martin

--
Martin Lutz
Structural Biochemistry

#########################

Our current intention is to have three plenary speakers together with
approximately 35 keynote speakers and 100 microsymposia.  The role of
the IPC is to nominate, and then select, the plenary and keynote
speakers and to decide on microsymposia, including chairs. We will run a
number of poster sessions that will be curated by the LOC.

      Nominating Plenary and/or Keynote Speakers

We require the following information

 1. Name, contact information and website details of proposed speaker
 2. Brief (200-300 word) statement of crystallographic interest,
    including reference to two or three recent publications

In nomination speakers please consider the need for gender and regional
diversity in the program.  This can only be achieved if the nominations
reflect the diversity of our community.  There fore we ask each
member/commission to nominate an even number of speakers ( 2, 4 or 6)
with equal number of female and male representation

      Nominating Microsymposium

Each Microsymposium requires two co-chairs ideally from different
regions (ECA, ACA, AsCA, LACA, AfCA).  In proposing co-chairs please
consider the need for both gender balance, and the promotion of younger
crystallographers. Therefore ensure that propose an equal number of
female and male co-chairs across all MS.  Each MS will have two invited
(30 minute) and four contributed (20) minute talks.

We require the following information:

 1. Title of the proposed microsymposium.
 2. Names and contact information of proposed co-chairs.
 3. A ca. 2-300 word abstract providing a detailed description of the
    microsymposium.  This will be included with the call for abstracts.
 4. Suggestions for two invited speakers. The final choice of these will
    be coordinated with the co-chairs.