[computing] Input for IUCr-2020 sessions

Harry Powell hrp1000 at virginmedia.com
Thu Mar 14 14:33:10 GMT 2019

Hi folks

Sorry about this - I've deliberately taken a back seat but it strikes me now that we have reached a deadline and, while there are a few suggestions, we do not have even a preliminary list of topics (or at least not one that I have seen).

It is the nature of the IPC that every Commission will be fighting for as many MS etc as they can get; from what I can gather, CompComm participated in ~15 in Hyderabad (this seems a huge number, since historically it's been ~8!), and it is likely that this was a selection from those that were submitted.

Here's a list that Bob von Dreele produced prior to the IUCr in Hyderabad, to give everyone an idea of what was proposed then and what was acceptable! Shared MS are preferred by the IUCr; it's entirely possible that the sharing can be arranged at the IPC meeting.

Personally, I think I have been out of the loop for long enough to have few ideas about what would be good.

Harry

Harry
--
Dr Harry Powell