[computing] Microsymposia for Prague congress

Claudia Millán Nebot cmncri at ibmb.csic.es
Wed Mar 6 07:05:42 GMT 2019

Dear all,

I think both petitions of support from the two commissions make sense.
However, I am not sure of how many micro symposia are left to settle, as in
the ECM website https://ecm2019.org/programme/microsymposia/ it seems many
of them have been already accepted and have their chairs already. In any
case, I think we should support them.

As to comment about Rita's and Thomas suggestion, there was precisely a
talk at the CCP4SW this year by Andrew Senior from DeepMind, talking about
their recent developments and their results at CASP, and I believe it was a
success and raised a lot of interesting discussions. I think this kind of
contribution could be part of the Structural Bioinformatics MS or the
Integrated Structural Biology one, but I understand that then it is very
'structural biology like' and not general for crystallography. I am not
aware of many examples of use of IA outside my particular field in
crystallography (well I know in cryoem), but if you think there would be
enough people interested in the topic and speakers to fill it, I would
support it.

Best wishes,

Claudia

Claudia Millán (cmncri at ibmb.csic.es)

Crystallographic Methods Group

http://chango.ibmb.csic.es

Institut de Biologia Molecular de Barcelona (IBMB-CSIC)

Barcelona, Spain

LinkedIn: es.linkedin.com/in/claudiamillan/
<http://es.linkedin.com/pub/claudia-mill%C3%A1n/60/a76/821/>

ResearchGate:
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Claudia_Millan?ev=hdr_xprf

Twitter: https://twitter.com/cheshireminima