[computing] Input for IUCr-2020 sessions

Proffen, Thomas E. tproffen at ornl.gov
Mon Feb 4 22:38:56 GMT 2019

Good afternoon,

I have the honor of being the representative of the crystallographic computing commission on the IUCr2020 IPC and am soliciting ideas for micro-symposia for the IUCr 2020 meeting. Personally I would be interested to see a session highlighting emerging machine learning / AI approaches in crystallography. Please let me know of any ideas or past symposia you suggest we repeat and I will compile a list. My preliminary input is due March 1.

Thank you so much,
Thomas

Thomas Proffen / Director Science Initiative for High Performance Computing, Modeling, and Data Analytics  and Powder Diffraction Team Lead / Neutron Scattering Division / Neutron Sciences Directorate / Oak Ridge National Laboratory / PO Box 2008, Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6473 /  Tel: +1-865-576-8633