[computing] IUCr congress in Prague (2020)

Martin Lutz m.lutz at uu.nl
Mon Jan 15 10:08:48 GMT 2018

Dear commission members,

I hope that you all had a good start into the new year! Since this is my first
e-mail after the Hyderabad meeting, I also want to welcome all of you in the new
commission. I am looking forward to the collaboration with you.

At the beginning of the new year, we have to organize a few things. You have
received the e-mail of Radek Kuzel and Ivana Kuta Smatanova on 6-Dec. They ask
for nominations for a member of our commission to the program committee for the
Prague congress. The rules for the nominations were included in their e-mail. We
should propose more than one candidate, from which one will be selected. Please
send your suggestions to this mailing list or to me personally. Deadline is the
end of January.

We also should start the planning for the computing school in 2020. Please send
me suggestions for a general theme for this school.

For the computing school I would like to establish a program committee as well.
Because crystallographic computing addresses all areas of crystallography this
should be reflected in the program. Beside myself, I would like to include three
additional members:
* Biological and macromolecular crystallography
* Chemical and materials crystallography
* Non-diffraction techniques and powder methods
Please send me your suggestions.

Best wishes,
Martin

--