Adding theoretical structure dictionaries to the COMCIFS stable

Brian McMahon bm at iucr.org
Wed May 31 11:56:58 BST 2023

I am very happy with the idea that we extend the domain of interest
covered by CIF to all areas where there is a demonstrable requirement,
and the use of local data names for theoretical structures by CCDC
and COD meets this test. I imagine both organisations would contribute
stakeholders to the working group. It would also be useful to ensure
compatibility with anything the wwPDB have done or are planning in
this area.

Brian