Nominating delegate to NIAC

James Hester jamesrhester at gmail.com
Thu May 9 01:09:37 BST 2019

Dear COMCIFS,

The NeXus international advisory committee (NIAC) oversees standards for
expressing data using the NeXus/HDF5 framework (see nexusformat.org). As
their work overlaps with the work of COMCIFS in several areas, particularly
in the area of raw crystallographic image data, the committees maintain
contact via a COMCIFS representative on NIAC.  For many years Herbert
Bernstein has acted as this contact and has built up a good working
relationship with NIAC.  NIAC are now requesting that we formally renew his
nomination to NIAC, and I am happy to second Herbert's nomination.  Please
advise if you are interested in nominating for this position within the
next 7 days, otherwise I will advise NIAC that Herbert continues to be our
nominee.

thanks,
James.
--