Release of the cif_core_restraints dictionary and superscript mark up

Matthew Towler towler at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Thu May 26 15:46:10 BST 2011

Thanks for the explanation David, I will send my suggested changes to Brian.

If you will indulge me, then for future reference it would help me to clarify where the CIF standard ends and local convention begins.  My understanding has been that the CIF standard is defined by the documents "File syntax" and "Common semantic features".  In the latter, in section "CIF conventions for special characters in text" (http://www.iucr.org/resources/cif/spec/version1.1/semantics#specialchars) the ^^ and ~~ markup for superscripts and subscripts are defined.  Is this part of this document a part of the formal 1.1 specification?

Matthew

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, information contained in this
message is confidential. If this message is not intended for you,
please inform postmaster at ccdc.cam.ac.uk and delete the message.
The Cambridge Crystallographic Data Centre is a company Limited
by Guarantee and a Registered Charity.
Registered in England No. 2155347 Registered Charity No. 800579
Registered office 12 Union Road, Cambridge CB2 1EZ.