Additional update to core dictionary

Matthew Towler towler at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 28 16:32:34 BST 2011

AFAIK some journals are now using separate DOI for the supplementary data, that said many use a single DOI for the article then the data are accessed as sub-pages from this.  If multiple DOI for a single article were supported  I suggest having a single DOI item for the article then a separate loop for any associated data e.g.

_journal_article_doi             ABC1234
loop_
_journal_article_related_doi
ABC5678
ABC8970

I think the idea of a definition for a document DOI is uncontroversial.  It's pretty common these days to access a journal article by its DOI.  Given the increasing interest in curation of raw data, might this idea get more complex?  Would the article DOI also include the raw data, or would multiple DOIs need to be accommodated?  Say one for the paper and another for the raw data?