CIF2 syntax document for COMCIFS approval

Herbert J. Bernstein yaya at bernstein-plus-sons.com
Tue Dec 28 01:50:21 GMT 2010

Dear Ralf,

   I have to leave it to others to explain why they are so reluctant
to adopt the python syntax.  The unfortunate reality is that, up
until now, it has been impossible to get agreement on any complete
and consistent quoting syntax.  I suspect, if we could get everybody
together for a face-to-face or skype meeting to talk out their
concerns, this could be resolved, but, again up until now, it has not
proven possible to interest people in getting together to talk
this out.

   I am at a loss as to how to get past this roadblock.  It really would
be useful to get the community starting on use of the useful features
in CIF2.  At this rate we will have nothing to present at the Madrid
meeting.

   What would you suggest as a way to go forward?

   Regards,
     Herbert

         Idle Hour Blvd, Oakdale, NY, 11769

                  +1-631-244-3035