Report on activities

James Hester jamesrhester at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 06:08:11 BST 2010

Dear David,

Thanks for bringing me up to date with the ACA discussions.  I'm glad that
you and Ilia are actively dealing with the restraints/constraints
dictionary, and I am concerned that the new symmetry dictionary has bogged
down.  Regarding DDLm, I agree that your efforts are best directed to
actually writing a core dictionary, and the questions that arise in the
process of doing that can be discussed in the DDLm group (as you have been
doing).  I remain optimistic that the detail that we are getting bogged down
in is soon to be resolved.  John W is of course right that the key value of
the dictionaries is in the definitions, although the machine-readable aspect
will become more valuable with the dREL methods.

all the best,
James.

T +61 (02) 9717 9907
F +61 (02) 9717 3145