New fast-track definition proposal: _diffrn_radiation_wavelength_nominal

David Brown idbrown at mcmaster.ca
Tue Nov 3 21:20:19 GMT 2009

Variants is something we could consider for CIF2 in the future, but I
think we should learn to walk before we trying running.  We don't even
have a syntax worked out yet, and until that is done I cannot start
converting the existing core dictionaries to CIF2.  There will be enough
problems in this conversion without trying to add variants.  The idea is
intriguing, but I don't imagine that users will rush to change their lab
procedures just so they can use coreCIF as a lab notebook - it will take
them some time just to come to terms with CIF2 as a repostiory of methods.

David