Accent escape sequences

Herbert J. Bernstein yaya at bernstein-plus-sons.com
Mon Mar 5 16:02:50 GMT 2007

A CIF with embedded MIME information is exactly parallel to the multipart/mixed
content.  By using the boundary markers you are then able to unambiguously
deal with all data formats including ones that might accidentally produce
a \n; that could be misinterpreted as terminating the text field.  We
follow this practice in imgCIF and it greatly simplifies the parsing code.
The default of plain text should be the only one without the boundary
marker and at least a Content-Type header.  Think of it as an extended
magic number.   -- Herbert