Agenda for closed COMCIFS meeting

David Brown idbrown at mcmaster.ca
Thu Aug 11 16:29:17 BST 2005

Dear Herbert,

I agree that the agenda is full, but all the items are important.  I am
hoping that items 1 and 3 can be dealt with expeditiously and will not
delay our other discussions.  I don't know how long Westbrook and Berman
intend to take with their presentation and what sort of discussion the
expect it to stimulate but I would encourage them to keep it as short as
possible.  This should leave plenty of time for item 4.  I think Hall
will need to take a little time to walk us through starDDL but it will
provide a good introduction to the important discussion of the future
direction of CIF.  This meeting will be the only opportunity we have for
an open discussion on this important topic (most of the other items
could, if necessary, be handled by email).  I intend to keep the
discussion focussed with one eye on the clock so that we can cover the
whole agenda and end the meeting with a clear idea of the direction in
which we are headed.

David